Getting Started Guide
1) Connect your MetaMask or Ledger wallet. If you don't have either, you can download MetaMask here.
Once the extension is active in your browser toolbar, click on the MetaMask icon:
- Enter a password to create your wallet.
- Save your seed phrase in a safe place.
- Ensure that you're on the Main Network.
2) Add ETH to your MetaMask wallet. To use The Ocean, you need ETH to trade.
- For the quickest way to get ETH, open MetaMask and click BUY. You'll be redirected to Coinbase or Shapeshift. After buying ETH, you can transfer it to your MetaMask address.
- If you already know how to buy and transfer cryptocurrency, you can use your preferred exchange and transfer ETH to your MetaMask address.
3) Wrap ETH. To use decentralized trading platforms, you need to convert some of your ETH into tradable Wrapped ETH (wETH).
- While logged into The Ocean, click on the Open button under My Wallet. This will expand a panel that shows what's inside your MetaMask wallet.
- Under ETH, click Convert and specify how much ETH that you'd like to exchange into wETH. Click the Convert button.
- A MetaMask pop-up will appear as to confirm this action. *For fastest wrapping, edit the Gas Fee to the recommended gas for fast transactions. Click Submit and your ETH will be converted in wETH.
- After a brief time period, the wETH will appear in your wallet.
4) Unlock your trading pairs. Finally, MetaMask will need permission to manage your tokens.
- For each pair that you'd like to trade, toggle the switch under the Unlocked section in your Wallet panel.
- A MetaMask pop-up will appear to confirm this action. *For fastest wrapping, edit the Gas Fee to the recommended gas for fast transactions.
- After a brief time period, the token will be unlocked.
Once these steps are completed, you'll be able to freely make trades on The Ocean just like any other exchange—all in a trustless way!