All users must first complete our secure verification process before trading on The Ocean or receiving OCEAN tokens.
Having issues uploading your identification?
When uploading your photo ID:
- Valid forms of ID are limited to your passport, driver's license, or identity card, depending on the country.
- Ensure your ID is valid and not expired, free of holes or modifications.
- Ensure your ID is readable, well-lit, and free of glare.
- Photograph the entire ID and do not cut off or cover any parts.
- Make sure your Chrome or Firefox browser is up-to-date.
- Digital versions of ID or scanned copies will not be accepted.
We cannot accept IDs with non-Latin text (Greek, Chinese, etc.) at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
When taking a photo of yourself:
- Take a photo in a well-lit area so your face is clearly visible.
- Face the camera directly and do not wear sunglasses or hats.
- If you are wearing glasses for your ID photo, take a selfie with your glasses on. Otherwise, do not wear them for your photo.
Identification Verification FAQ
How long does identity verification take?
After you submit your information and ID, we'll do our best to verify your identity within 7 days. If an issue arises, you will receive an email from our support team.